The Institute conducts four years Bachelor of Science in Nursing course including 6 months of internship as per Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi guidelines.
- To provide a comprehensive system of education to impart thorough knowledge of nursing sciences with adequate practice in the field to prepare students to be highly competent and confident nurses in providing preventive, promotive and rehabilitative services in the healthcare settings and in community.
- To maintain the highest standards of education in nursing through an innovative and practical approach to provide service to the society.
- To develop teaching and supervisory skills in nursing, health care and administration in hospitals.
Number of seats for each academic year is as follows:-
- For Wards of Army Personnel – 45
- For Civilian students from North East States- 05
The entrance test for AIN Guwahati is held as Written Admission Test (WAT). The admission is strictly on merit ranking, based on marks obtained in WAT. The residual seats of Army candidates are offered to Civilian candidates from NE States as per WAT merit list.